[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kaminski and Sebroski from Rypin

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Mon Jan 11 21:17:44 PST 2010

Hal,

I do not see any Brinkmann or Brickmann names in our databases that seem
to fit the information that you have provided.   I also do not see any
records that seem to match up for Sebroski or Zabroski or Kaminski.

You will want to keep an open mind when you look for surnames that end
in ski, as they may be the Polish version of a German name.   For
instance, it is well documented that Kaminski (from the Polish word
Kamien, meaning stone) is linked to the German name Stein and Steinke
(both of which have Stein, or stone as part of the name.   I have no
hard evidence, but it appears that the Polish language is a bit vague in
translations at times, so the German name might be anything with Stein
as part of the name, including Koberstein, or other names.   I also do
not see any records that match with the data you have given below using
names that have Stein as part of the name.   The best way to find out if
any of our data matches yours, however, is for you to submit a gedcom
file with your data in it.   Please see the submittal standards at
http://sggee.org/about_us/db_submittal_instruct.pdf

Gary Warner
SGGEE