[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Family GROSS from Lublin area

Gaby und Bernd Erdmann Family.Erdmann at t-online.de
Wed Jan 27 14:39:45 PST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to trace back the family of Michael Gross and Anna Rosina Schinkel. Here the facts I have collected so far (thanks especially to the Lublin translation team):

Michael Gross  * ~1836  place ???

Anna Rosina Schinkel 1839    (may be Nov. 1839 Nowosolna)

Marriage date and place unknown

Children:

Samuel  Gross  * 17.11.1863 Stasiew, Lublin  (15km south-west of  Opole Lubelskie, 5 km east of river vistula)

Karolina Gross * 1867 Stasiew, Lublin

Christoph Gross * 1868 Stasiew, Lublin

Emilia Gross  * 30.04. 1871 Skordiow, (Chelm area)

Juliues * 16.01.1979 Helenow,  Wolhynien

Mathilde * 17.12. 1881 Helenow, Wolhynien

Here some of the questions:

Birth of Anna Rosina Schinkel in 1839 in Nowosolna is confirmed but the marriage certificate is missing therefore I am not clear whether she is really the spouse of Michael Gross but name and date of birth match exactly. As disks related to marriages for the years 1856-1864 from the Lublin area have already been published I am assuming that the couple must have been move to the Lublin district after they got married.

I was not able to find Stasiew in one of the SGGEE scanned maps, nor is it shown on the Lublin church district map. According to the certificate of baptism the colony of Stasiew belonged to the district of Walowice. The only Walowice, which I could find is close by (east) the vistula river. The place Stasiew (Stasin) and the second location listed above, Skordiow do represent quiet a distance to Lublin. Stasiew to Lublin is about 90km and from Skordiow to Lublin would be more than 60 km given the infrastructure at that time this must have been kind of an adventure to get there, for the baptism of a child.

I am also interested in the marriage of Gustav Gross and Wilhelmine Engel in 1879, Nov 6th, Rozyszcze. Who are the parents of Gustav Gross and what is the place he was born, in case someone is just reading the film no. 2380026. Gustav might be another son of Michael Gross and Anna Rosina Schinkel.

Thanks for any help

Bernd