[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Searchig for "Scherfer" or " Schärfer "

Reiner Miericke reiner at miericke.net
Thu Jan 28 13:29:07 PST 2010

Hello

since I am new to this mailing list (and to genealogy as well) I hopefully am
allowed to ask some stupid questions:

1: scanning the mail archive I only found oone mail concerning
family "Scherfer" (Uta Härtling, may 2005). She lists the family names for
Glombie near Lodz.

Hekiendorf (= Eichendorff?), Johann & Marianna Oztrzenska (= Scherfer?)
Oztrzynski (= Scherfer?), Christian & Anna Rosa Frank
Oztrzynski (= Scherfer?), Carl & Rosalia Krankowska

   Does this mean that some famlies have two different names at the same time?

2. There is some hint to a "Pilot Project"
           http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/#start
   where I can get the original images to parish registers.
   Did this page vanish?

3. I read that all registers for volhynia are availabe through ODESSA.
   But this seems not to be the case since there are huge gaps in the
   list of availabe year (the each decade). Did I misunderstand something?

4. My first step will be to find some information about a persone named
      Julius Scherfer
   which was born in Galowek about 1830-1850. Is there a way get the images of
the according registers? Or do you advice me some other approach?

Thanks in advance!