[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Availability of parish records

Reiner Miericke reiner at miericke.net
Sat Jan 30 02:40:55 PST 2010

Hello

again some beginners questions.

1. Parish records (St. Peterberg, ODESSA-DB):
My understanding is that - despite of the lost of most Kantorats-books - the
church books (as copied by the Pastor) should be more or less complete. When
searching for my relatives I am absolutely puzzled for not finding most of
them.
Example:
My grand-grandfather Julius Scherfer married
1. oo Karoline (Carolina) Röske (Reske): 1. kown child Bertha 7.12.1878
2. oo Amalie Banik: 1. (of two) known child Karl 6.2.1900
3. oo Justine (Justina) Radke, maiden name "Meister": no additional childs

I can't find ONE of these marriages

Also ot found:
Josef Radke  oo  Justine Meister (about 1850-1870)

What I can see are a couple of their children [ODESSA-DB].

Thesepersons were all reliogious Lutheranians and I can't imagine why the
according marriage records are not in the church books.
Any hints?

2. When checking entries in ODESSA and comparing these to the church books
using pilot.familysearch.org I found some mis-readings. Where should I send
corrections to?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Reiner Miericke