[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Availability of parish records

Jan Textor textor_jan at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 30 03:14:33 PST 2010

Reiner,

The Odessa3 Search Engine shows a.o. the death of Adolph Schaerfer on 17 Sep 1881 at Chonti Bresalup, Kr. Lutzk, parents Julius and Caroline.  The remarks are: Age, 5 yr.,3 mo. Mother's maiden name, Roeske. Born in Petrikau.

It seems that this child was born about June, 1876 in Petrikau.  I assume this is Piotrkow Trybunalski, and I also suspect that Julius and Caroline were married before 1876 and not in Volhynia, but somewhere in Congress (or Russian) Poland, probably Petrikau.  I think that is the reason why you cannot find their marriage record in the Odessa records.

Hope this helps.

Jan Textor