[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Petrikau

karlann at juno.com karlann at juno.com
Sat Jan 30 08:58:19 PST 2010

I recently read this comment in a post

"It seems that this child was born about June, 1876 in Petrikau.  I assume this is Piotrkow Trybunalski"--

There are other possibilities when a record mentions "Petrikau"--there is a large region of Poland near Lodz that was called Petrikau, and many Lutheran records must be searched to find which parish has the record of an event. For years I had no idea where in "Petrikau" to find records of births and marriages, and when I searched the SGGEE parish records database, I found them indexed in Belchatow.

So I recommend searching the SGGEE parish records database for Poland if you are hoping to find something in "Petrikau."

Karla Walters