[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lutheran Church records after 1885 were in Russian

Krampetz at aol.com Krampetz at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 16:16:28 PST 2010

I have my grandfather's birth record from Lipno in 1881 written in  Russian,
so it's earlier than 1885.

There is one Polish web site that has one or two people that do read old
Russian handwriting and translate it to Polish - which CAN be  translated
from the now digital Polish to English  ...  OR you may get lucky  and have
someone that will take it from Russian directly to English.
_http://www.genealodzy.pl/index.php?&newlang=eng_
(http://www.genealodzy.pl/index.php?&newlang=eng)

Is the LDS formally translating records now????

Bob

In a message dated 03/08/10 05:16:44 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,