[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Grammar

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Wed Mar 10 16:47:01 PST 2010

I would tend to agree.  In German, you would also say - die Familie Friedrich - instead of - die Friedrich Familie.  It has to do with the fact that Friedrich is the adjective of the noun Kinder.

German grammar is very complicated - declining nouns and conjugating verbs, sentence structure with verbs at the end - a total nightmare.  English is easy by comparison (except for the spelling anomalies)!

Helen