[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Renas/Reinas/Rienas/Rinas/Rinos family Zhitomir to Alberta

Katherine Jeffrey katherinemjeffrey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 00:47:38 PST 2010

Hi.  I'm trying to trace the children of Samuel RENAS who was b. Aug 10,
1836 in Poland (according to the census records) and married in Zhitomir Sep
26, 1880, possibly to Marie WINTER.  I believe he had a brother Ludwig who
probably stayed in the old country (his daughter, Amelia RIENAS- 1863-1940
m. Johann HAMMERMEISTER in Zhitomir Nov 25, 1879; they were my
great-grandparents.)  Samuel RENAS(64), wife Marie(51), sons Gustav(18) and
Teodor(16), daughter Emilie (13; went on to marry Louis WEISS and move to
Puyallup, I think) and Adoline(10) and Arnoldt(6) lived a couple households
away from my grandparents in Colchester at the time of the 1901 census.  I
believe he had a son Wilhelm emigrate after him and also settle in Canada.
I have a lead that they possibly came from Novgorad, which matches up with
were *my* HAMMERMEISTERs also came from.  I am hoping for some more clues
about this branch of the family.  I will gladly share what little I know, or
think I know.

Thanks, Kathy Jeffrey