[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] AGAD archive in Warsaw

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Thu Sep 2 11:55:15 PDT 2010

   Dear All,

        I'm planning a visit to the AGAD central archive in Warsaw,
  to investigate a little, and see what they have. This will be my
  first time there, though I've been to several regional Polish
  archives before (Szczecin, Lodz, Poznan, Bydgoszcz).

        Does anyone who's been to the Warsaw archive before have advice
  or suggestions of what to look for?  Most mentions I've found on the
  SGGEE site are to do with church records from Western Volhynia, but
  my own ancestry is from Heimtal and Zhitomir parishes, so this is
  probably not so useful for me.

        I will probably be concentrating more on tax records and
  government records from the Lodz area, Poznan/Posen province and
  the Netzedistrikt - so if anyone has done research in Warsaw on
  these areas, I'd be most interested in hearing what you found.

               Thanks in advance for any tips,

                     Paul Rakow
                     rakow at ifh.de