[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Russian translation

Robin Grube robinquilter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 06:59:59 PDT 2010

Hi John- I'm so glad Antje offered to help you. I don't have many records
from my family, although I have Germans from Kiev, Ukrainians from Kiev, and
Germans from Warsaw in my line. This is not a translation, but a
transliteration- if your Cyrillic letters are printed rather than
handwritten, and therefore easier to read, it is sometimes helpful just to
get each letter into the Roman alphabet. Any Russian dictionary, and of
course on-line sources, will provide those equivalents. But you have
probably thought of using on-line translation services if your document is
readable! I transliterated the letters from a document from my grandfather,
and quickly recognized a town name and people's names. I don't know how big
your town is, but if you have a university, you may find professors and
students who could help you quickly and perhaps for free.Good luck.
Robin Grube