[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Question re: preserving records

F&RM Haddad farose at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 08:02:16 PDT 2010

I've been reading about putting a codicil on your will to the effect that
your genealogical materials must be preserved for 25 years - this to give
those who right now are not interested in genealogy, a chance to have your
records when/if they do in the 25 year period.

My question is - in what format? Most of us have our materials on our
computers - how to store the files? If we think back 25 years, the preferred
storage method was huge floppies. Now we use memory sticks. What will be the
electronic storage method in 25 years? Who knows? Certainly the memory stick
will be as obsolete then as the huge floppy is now. So what is the answer?
And should this include all our non-electronic materials?

I'd be interested in hearing what others are doing, and your thoughts.

Rose-Marie