[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Reminder about Digest Messages

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 27 21:56:46 PDT 2010

We generally have very few problems with our system but this one keeps coming up time after time so the reminders may have to get more frequent.

Please - to all of you that use the digest method to receive mail:

When you are responding to a digest message, please do two things.

1.  Change the subject line to something relevant to the message you are responding to.  A subject line that references the Digest Format is meaningless and too long for most of our readers.

2.  Delete all the non relevant postings that are included in the digest message.  Leave only the one you are answering or relating to.  Our automated system restricts the size of messages as one way to prevent posting of html, pictures, or other possible spam related materials.  If you leave all the messages in the posting, it:
a) means that readers have to sort through all of them to figure out what you are writing about
b) your message gets trapped by our system as being too long and I end up having to release it manually to the system

Thank you.

Jerry Frank
List Administrator