[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schmidtke of Chelm, Poland, Russia

Mhairi Patterson mhairi at andrewswireless.net
Fri Apr 15 16:44:57 PDT 2011

Juliane Schmidtke, born Feb 2, 1878 in Chelm, Province of Poland, Russia

Father Heinrich Schmidtke, mother Justina Winkler

She married my grandfather in Gretna, Manitoba, Canada on May 13, 1908.  At
that time she was a widow called Juliane Fuhl (nee Schmidtke), and had a
daughter Emma born Aug 25, 1902.

The only other record I can find of her is the 1916 Manitoba, Canada census.
On this census it says she immigrated in 1907 as did her daughter Emma.

I have exhausted all avenues in Canada and can find nothing further about
her.

I am looking for any information that may be available on the German
Genealogy in Eastern Europe, so far my searches have come up empty, and I am
at a loss as to how to go about

finding any information.

Mhairi Patterson