[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lodz-Catholic records

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 08:27:48 PDT 2011

 Nowosolna would be in Mileszki, not Lodz Catholic.

by the way, the films you are citing are for the small town Lodz in Kreis
Posen-West, Posen, Prussia.

I can tell that you found those film numbers in the new version of the FHL
library catalog, because the former Prussian town (now
in Wielkopolskie province), spelled in German, does not use diacritics.  For
the large town you are looking for, the new version of the FHL catalog
requires correct Polish spellings using diacritics, or Łódź.   For this
town, there are original records in Latin from 1685 and copies starting from
1812 (mostly Polish).  I have been looking at film #0811074 and do not see
the numbers of Germans that I do in Mileszki.

We used to use a the tilde mark (~) after letters to indicate the use of a
diacritic. In this case, it would be L~o~dz~.  Hint:  keep using the old
version of the FHL catalog.

Al