[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] More Questions on Germans in Marijampole

Alan Schlosser aschlo10 at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 26 17:37:32 PDT 2011

Hello again list,

Thanks for all the help from my first post, I thought I would ask some more questions.

I recently viewed the LDS films for the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Marijampole, Lithuania and I had success and found my gr-gr-gr-grandparents mariage record!!  As with all genealogy, you answer one question and ten more come up.  Here are a couple of them:

The three documents I found are in Polish, with the help of the SGGEE website and Google I have roughly translated most of the document but I am stuck on a few words and unsure of others?  Anyone know where to get help with translations?

I found one set of parents named John and Amalie (Wilbat) Schlosser.  Is Wilbat/Vilbat German?  Could it have been Walbach?

The other set of parents were Wilhelm and Leopoldina (Kielminski) Ulrich.  At least I think it says Kielminski.  Is Kielminski, Polish, Russian or a German name that was Polanized?

Thanks again,
Alan Schlosser
Buffalo, NY