[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pade name from Tornow near Landsberg

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Tue Apr 26 14:53:59 PDT 2011

  Hello JoEllen,

       You have chosen an area of Germany that has a reputation for
  being tough, the Neumark of Brandenberg. A lot of records from the
  area were lost in WWII.

       However, you may be lucky - I checked the Polish archives'
  Pradziad database - it looks like there are duplicate Lutheran church
  books from Tornow and Diedersdorf, covering the years 1813 - 1874,
  (except a few gap years) and Civil (Standesamt) records from 1874
  onwards.  All in the archives in Landsberg (now Gorzow Wielkopolski).
  I think I found the correct Tornow/Tarnow.

   Pradziad is at:

  http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en

    You could try some of your other village names too.

     There's a professional genealogist who is an expert on the
  Landsberg/Warthe area, Georg Gr"uneberg.

     Look at his website:

  http://www.grueneberg-lenzen.de/englisch/index.html

     You might find some of his books useful, particularly the one
  that says where the known church books and civil registers are.

          Good Luck!

               Paul Rakow
               rakow at ifh.de