[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Seeking Info on Wilhelm Titchkosky

Terry Titchkosky ttitchko at mymts.net
Tue Aug 2 07:58:17 PDT 2011

Just became a member after 5 years of getting the Volynia Digest!
Don't know where to start. My grandfather Wilhelm Titchkosky immigrated to Southern Manitoba in 1901 wife his then wife
Julianna Gust and two children from a previous marriage (name of first wife unknown)
My grandfather Wilhelm Titchkosky never spoke of the his family origins to anyone including his daughters and sons.
His one son Clarence is still alive and does not have any information. I am looking for my grandfather's origins. Did he have any brothers and sisters and who were his parents? A friend of mine and relative, Felix Kuehn gave me some information a few years back. Here's his comments
"Titchkoski (Titchkosky) born 15 September 1873, Alexsandrie, Kreis Rowno, the son of Heinrich Titchkosky and Anna Weinoth; died 8 July 1942, age sixty-eight years, ten months, seven days. His funeral was conducted by Pastor Paul Wiegand and he was laid to rest in the 1-6 German cemetery. The second wife of Wilhelm Titchkosky was Justine Gust, born 2 April 1878; died in 1-6 in 1909, about thirty years of age."
Due to the different spellings of the last name I have been unable to find or substantiate these connections. Believe me, I have searched!
Yesterday my wife and I went to the local German Cemetery and made crayon tracings of the German spellings of Titchkosky from the tombstones.
I would be glad to send these to someone who can decipher the German lettering. Just contact me at ttitchko at mymts.net and I will forward.
Also learned that you are having a SGGEE convention in Winnipeg, I would like to travel to Winnipeg and attend ( 1 day only ) but would like to know which day or times would be best to attend for research assistance on my family and how to register for a day. This sounds like a once in a life time opportunity to resolve my quest.
What do I bring along to do the search? I have a lap top and a huge genealogy file in a program called Generations Grande Suite 6.0.

Terry Titchkosky
Morden Manitoba