[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bierwagen / Schmidtke

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Tue Aug 16 15:10:17 PDT 2011

Am 16.08.2011 22:59, schrieb Charlotte Gorley:
> I've been researching my Bierwagen and Schmidtke ancestors.
>
> Fredrick (or Ferdinand or Valentyne) Bierwagen (born 1860) married Henrietta
> Schmidtke (1861-1948).  They are my great-grandparents.
>
> I recently found this website, but can't translate it.  I wonder if someone
> can help me out.
> http://www.ao-rheinhausen.de/3098/jahreshauptversammlung/
>
> Charlotte

Hello Charlotte,
forget the website. It is the self-display of an accordion orchestra in Rheinhausen, a western part of Duisburg, and the
mentioned Bierwagen means a beer reefer at the past advent fair.

By the way, Friedrich [Frederick], Ferdinand and Valentin are completely different christian names. Friedrich was the
name of the most famous Prussian king, Ferdinand the name of several Austrian-German emperors and archdukes and Valentin
of the name at least three catholic saints. They have unlikely been mixed-up.

Günther