[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bierwagen / Schmidtke

Charlotte Gorley charlotte.gorley at triangleresources.ca
Tue Aug 16 15:15:43 PDT 2011

Thank you.  Well, it was worth a shot.  :-)  Pardon the pun.

I've found reference to the same man by all 3 names.  I've heard that
he/they may have used whichever one they felt like.  Not sure if that's true
or not....which is why I'd really like to find some lineage records to
establish their parents and other relatives.

I also know that spelling was changed through the years, and people's
English sometimes led to translations and nicknames.

Charlotte