[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Website Translation Tip

Irene cdnirene at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:36:21 PDT 2011

I normally use Firefox as my browser. However, whenever I wish to browse
foreign language sites I use Google Chrome instead because of its wonderful
translate feature.

If I go to a foreign language website, a bar will pop up near the top of the
Google Chrome page, telling me the language of the page and asking me to
click a button on the bar if I wish to have the page translated into
English. Very handy. On the same bar on the right is an Options button where
I can select that the page always be translated to English or that the page
never be translated to English.

Be a little careful though. Last summer I discovered that one
Chrome-translated page I was reading had skipped some sentences from the
original foreign language page which was describing my long-ago direct
ancestor's migrations 400 years ago. Other than that one instance, I haven't
encountered any issues.

Google Chrome can be downloaded here: http://www.google.com/chrome