[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Johann Christian Zarse from Cronski, Russia

Edelgard Strobel udo-edelgard at freenet.de
Fri Aug 19 10:48:08 PDT 2011

Hi Jerry,

thanks, you put me on the right track:
I have a Johann Christian Zarse in my d.b., born Dec. 15.1883 in Swiecia, 2
days later than Marilyn's ancestor, son of Ferdinand Zarse and Emilie
Stroschein. I first thought that he was the one we are looking for, but
since the Andreas of the other Zarse family has matched much better and had
a brother Christian, who has died in the USA, I was not sure about this
one - although his sister Nathalie was born in Kramsk (=Cronski?) in 1882.

I have opened the ship manifest on the ellisisland website. The name of
Johann's uncle is Ludwig Stroscher, which is a another spelling of
Stroschein. (The correct spelling of this name is "Strohscherer" straw
shearer).
Unfortunately the marriage Zarse/Stroschein or Stroscher does not appear in
the Masterpedigree db and I did not find it in the Konin records. There is
also no Emilie *1863 and the 3 Ludwig Stroscher or Strohscherer are too old.

This Emilie from Chodziec could fit:

and perhaps the marriage can be found in the Chodziec records.
Ottilie Emilie Stroscher
Germany Births and Baptisms, 1558-1898
birth:26 JUL 1863
residence:Preußen, Germany
parents:Julius Stroscher, Mathilde Busse
https://www.familysearch.org/search/records#count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3AEmilie~%20%2Bsurname%3AStroscher~

Thanks for your help,

Edelgard