[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] germans from russia from ukraine and so on

Krampetz at aol.com Krampetz at aol.com
Sat Feb 12 00:15:19 PST 2011

The Germans born in "Occupied Poland" from about 1860 on,  were
told they were Russian,  and had to use Russian in their church  documents.

And I've mentioned one case of a German born near Lipno, emigrating  before
WWI,  told his grandson (who emailed the story to me),  that his  gf had
 never heard the word "Germany" until he came here.  He thought  of himself
as "German speaking Russian"!

  I'd be interesting to hear that confirmed by others.

Bob K.

In a message dated 02/11/11 10:32:35 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,