[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] St.pete files

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 15 14:24:38 PST 2011

The records are indeed at that archive.  However, the archive was closed about 10 or more years ago for renovations.  It was slated to reopen in 8 years but to date, I have seen no evidence of that.  If you GOOGLE that archive, the first link that comes up takes you to a citation that was made way back in 1994.

Having said that, there was a gentleman at one of our conventions some 3 or 4 years ago who claimed to have visited there in person and obtained info from the St. Petersburg Consistory fonds.  However, I do not recall his name nor did he provide us with any details of his accomplishment.  I am unsure of the veracity of his claim.

Jerry