[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Translation question

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 2 09:41:50 PST 2011

Just to clarify, Karen - the "Krug" part translates as pub or tavern.  The rest of the word in context has to do with the right to sell alcohol.  I believe these taverns also usually had rooms available for overnight stays.

I am currently working on an index of the places shown on the 1803 Gilley map and there are numerous named Krug on it.

Jerry