[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Oboroff Russland

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 2 06:41:46 PDT 2011

The closest match I can find is Oborow / Oboriv just a few km NW of Rowno.  It is not currently on our list of known German villages but he could have been born there anyway.  Ponebel, the village across the road from it, is on our list.  You can find it using ShtetlSeeker  http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocTown.asp

There is also Obalki known to Germans as Oberhof a few km east of Izbica in Russian Poland but this seems less likely.

Jerry