[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sonnenberg and Krueger

Linda Marks Pauling lmpauling at utech.net
Mon Jul 18 17:59:17 PDT 2011

Hello Eleanor,
If I remember correctly, I have sent you the birth document #236 for Ludwika
Wilhelmina Sonnenberg from the Ossowka, Lipno film #715,180 for years
1858-1861. This document (and one for the birth of her brother Frederick in
1858 #251) give the ages of her parents so that we can think Justyna
Ernestina Krueger is born 1837/1838 and August Sonnenberg is born 1828/1829.
There are many Sonnenberg and Krueger families in this parish but I have
extractions only for the marriages and I do not see the marriage of Ludwika
Wilhelmina to Ferdynand Meyer from 1858-1861. It must be before 1858.

I do however see a birth of a Ferdynand Jan Meyer on this film index in 1859
pg 38 #222. I now have this film on permanent loan and I will check this
birth the next time I am at the FHL, probably Thursday July 28 as we will be
in MN until then for the 101st birthday of my father-in-law!

I also found the following Sonnenberg children in the film of confirmations
for the LIpno parish #2,150,611 for the years 1867-1906:
1873 Fryderyk born 17 Sept 1858, father August, pg 66 #88
1876 Ludwika born 22 Feb 1861, father August, pg 126 #141
1880 Eufrozyna born 18 Mar 1866, parents August Sonnenberg & Justyna
Krueger, pg 152 #124
1883 Paulina born 7 Dec 1868, parents August Sonnenberg & Justyna Krueger,
pg 192 #98

The family is no longer living in Skrzkpkowo. From 1873-1880 they are in
Barany and in the 1883 record they are in Janowo. I have put the
confirmation data onto a searchable Excel sheet only from 1867-1887 so far.

Perhaps with this additional information, someone who is searching in the
Ossowka,Lipno parish may be able to help you with a marriage or a birth
record. I will check the birth of Ferdynand Jan Meyer on the film I have
here.

Linda
"... for such a time as this..." Esther 4:14