[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] weis and schleger family history

Clinton Ehlert cehlert at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 24 15:19:46 PDT 2011

To anyone who can help

My Name is Clinton Ehlert and I am trying to find out information on the Neumann And Weiss Families. My great Grandfather Albert Weiss was born on August 24, 1891 in Anoufuka, Volhynia, Russia   and came to Canada aboard s.s Rheine and lande in Nova Scotia and there he  went to Manitoba to work for the C.P.R.  railroad .

 A year or so later he moved to Lang , Saskatchewan and Married Great Grandmother Matilda Schleger who is My GreatGrandmother. They had Nine children including My Grandmother Frieda Julianna Weiss

His parents were Gottlieb Weiss born July 24, !859 in Volhynia . Gottlieb Weiss's parents were Christian Weiss and born april 19, 1837 . I don't know but on ancestory .com I might have found his ancestors and it leads to a Michael Weiss born 1640 but I am not sure . I think Christian Weiss moved to Volhynia from Paris, Bassaraba, Germany  and married Katherina Stephan . I would also like the name of all Christian Katherina (Stephan) Weiss's children plus the next generation of my greatGreat Grandfather Gottlieb Weiss and Whilimina Neumanns children . they would be my Great Grandfaters Albert Weiss's siblings.

I am also looking to find out more about Whilimina Neumanns family . I know her parents were Simeon Neumann and Juliane ziesmann .

Any advice to help me find out further information about these two families would be greatily appreciated .

I am also a member of your easter german geneolgy society and i was wondering how do i email questions like this on the forum  . Am also looking for aplace called Gustpole  , Poland . where my great Grandmother Matilda Schleger came withe her Mother emelia Girch Schleger and two sister Sarphina and emelia Schleger and Her brother Reinhold Schleger . GHreat great granmother Emelia Schleger Married jacob Lear and settled in Sweet Grass < saskatchewan . if anyone knows the history Of schleger or could tell me whert to look to find Matilda (schlegers) Weiss fathers name would be  helpful. I would also like to know if Gustpole, poland does still excist or changed names .

any information that anyone could give me would be greatily appreciated

Sincerily
Clinton Ehlert

you can email me at