[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Naming Child

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 17 09:52:59 PDT 2011

Eveline,

I have 2 comments regarding your questions.

1.  Naming patterns of children can be helpful at times but I would NEVER use that as evidence for establishing a relationship.  Just when it appears that you have uncovered a naming pattern, the parents screw it up by doing something different.  It can help in giving some direction to research but it is not suitable for establishing a firm relationship.

2.  What evidence do you have that Friedrich T. and Julianna Saak are the parents of Johann?  I would point to the following:
- Johann T. marries Albertine Klohn in 1862
- so Johann is born 1844 or more probably earlier
- Friedrich T. and Julianne Saak have a child born as recently as 1870
It is certainly not impossible to have children 26 or 28 years apart but it would be very unusual.

I haven't seen all your evidence but my opinion is that Friedrich T. and Julianna Saak are not the parents of Johann.

Jerry