[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Naming Child
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 17 09:52:59 PDT 2011
I have 2 comments regarding your questions.
1. Naming patterns of children can be helpful at times but I would NEVER use that as evidence for establishing a relationship. Just when it appears that you have uncovered a naming pattern, the parents screw it up by doing something different. It can help in giving some direction to research but it is not suitable for establishing a firm relationship.
2. What evidence do you have that Friedrich T. and Julianna Saak are the parents of Johann? I would point to the following:
- Johann T. marries Albertine Klohn in 1862
- so Johann is born 1844 or more probably earlier
- Friedrich T. and Julianne Saak have a child born as recently as 1870
It is certainly not impossible to have children 26 or 28 years apart but it would be very unusual.
I haven't seen all your evidence but my opinion is that Friedrich T. and Julianna Saak are not the parents of Johann.
----- Original Message -----
From: Eveline Tiefenbach <liebeemmi at aol.com>
Date: Friday, June 17, 2011 1:40 am
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Naming Child
To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org, pommern-l at genealogy.net
> Hello Everyone;
> I am a little confused here, I have a Johann Tiefenbach m.
> Albertine Klohn.in my family tree, (they are the grandparents to
> my father in law Wilhelm (Willi) Tiefenbach * 1925), Johann is
> suppose to be the son to Friedrich Tiefenbach and Julianne Saak.
> but for some reason I think I am on a wrong track, that I can
> not find no birth record to Johann.
> I was looking at the children names and if I would go by the
> list how the children were named back then, I have no Friedrich
> in a child name or Johann
> 1st - Heinrich Chritstoph * 1868
> 2nd - August
> 3rd - Pauline Rosine
> 4th - Bertha
> 5th - Hulda
> 6th - Hermann Robert (in Odessa,he is listed as Robert
> Diefenbach, but was called Hermann, so Robert would be his 1st
> name, or)
> 7th - Wilhelm Eduard
> These children names do not match up with the family Friedrich
> Tiefenbach I have, now I am wondering if my search does go to
> Pommern, Albertine Klohn came from Pommern and married Johann
> 1862 in Shitomir, I also just noticed that there is a big break
> between marriage having children, 1st child 1868
> The 2nd daughter is Berthe, this also does not match up with
> Julianne Saak being the mother to Johann
> Also the 3rd son is named after the father, I have Hermann
> Robert (Robert must be 1st name) so would his father have been
> Robert Johann
> It is hard to believe that they would of not named there
> children after the parents.
> Does anyone have a answer for me on this, is it possible that I
> am on a wrong track
> Thank you
> Eveline Tiefenbach
> Ger-Poland-Volhynia Mailing List hosted by
> Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europe http://www.sggee.org
> Mailing list info at http://www.sggee.org/communicate/mailing_list
More information about the Ger-Poland-Volhynia