[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Naming Child

Eveline Tiefenbach liebeemmi at aol.com
Fri Jun 17 00:36:18 PDT 2011

 Hello Everyone;

I am a little confused here, I have a Johann Tiefenbach m. Albertine Klohn.in my family tree, (they are the grandparents to my father in law Wilhelm (Willi) Tiefenbach * 1925), Johann is suppose to be the son to Friedrich Tiefenbach and Julianne Saak. but for some reason I think I am on a wrong track, that I can not find no birth record to Johann.

I was looking at the children names and if I would go by the list how the children were named back then, I have no Friedrich in a child name or Johann

1st  - Heinrich Chritstoph * 1868

2nd - August

3rd - Pauline Rosine

4th - Bertha

5th - Hulda

6th - Hermann Robert (in Odessa,he  is listed as Robert Diefenbach, but was called Hermann, so Robert would be his 1st name, or)

7th - Wilhelm Eduard

These children names do not match up with the family Friedrich Tiefenbach I have, now I am wondering if my search does go to Pommern, Albertine Klohn came from Pommern and married Johann 1862 in Shitomir, I also just noticed that there is a big break between marriage having children, 1st child 1868

The 2nd daughter is Berthe, this also does not match up with Julianne Saak being the mother to Johann

Also the 3rd son is named after the father, I have Hermann Robert (Robert must be 1st name) so would his father have been Robert Johann

It is hard to believe that they would of not named there children after the parents.

Does anyone have a answer for me on this, is it possible that I am on a wrong track

Thank you
Eveline Tiefenbach