[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] To all: Poland - scans of church, records

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Wed Jun 29 14:43:32 PDT 2011

Another site of interest and of possible significance if you are searching
for family members who stayed back in Poland, or were sent back to Poland
 after 1940 is
Osrodek Karta. The Karta Center in Warsaw is a non-profit historical society
researching for victims of Soviet repression. Their web site is at
www.karta.org.pl .
You can search their data base for victims of Soviet suppression at
www.indeks.karta.org.pl/en .
The region that is covered apparently includes former Eastern Poland and
covers those who were held in Soviet prison camps as late as 1950, in
addition to those Polish citizens who were deported to various locations in
Soviet Russia.
Howard Krushel