[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Traveling to Rowno-Ukraine

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 30 08:35:41 PDT 2011

So, people have been warning her not to go. How often have those people been there? What bad things happened to them when they were there? That's kind of important. No sensible person should take travel advice from people who have never been to the place in question, or who are just assuming bad things will happen.

I've been to Rowno on five different trips to Volhynia, including one driving trip, from Frankfurt to Kiev and back. I have never had an issue with safety, or even a concern about safety. I have spoken with someone who was robbed while there; I know several people who were robbed in North America as well.

Has your cousin travelled much in western Europe? Does she have a sense of this kind of thing?

Dave Obee