[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] weiss and schleger family questions

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Nov 23 00:41:21 PST 2011

Am 23.11.2011 02:52, schrieb Clinton Ehlert:
> HI
>
> I am looking for the town where My Fourth Great Grandfather Gottfried Weiss was Born before he came to Volhynia . In the records it said he Died in Antonoffka, Volhynia on November 13, 1885 at the age of 85 years old and his wife is Rosine Lange . In the record it say's he was born in Zopzungub , West Prussia in 1800 .  I estimate that it is probabily in today modern day Poland or Eastern Germany. How would I find out where this old village was? Any recommandations would be appreciated as I am trying to find out the names of his Parents if it is possiable ? I am also looking for the names of Anton schlegers who is My Great Great Grandfather I know that he  lived at some point in kostopole (Gustpole)  , Poland and thanks to Diethard I know he married my Great Great  Grandmother Emilia Gerst (Girch) and the marriage certificate say's he was married before to a Marianna Reich But as the record's and  Gives the names Of Emila Gerst"s parent's but the record's do not give the nam!
>   e of Anton's  Schlegers Parents . How would I find the the names of Anton's Parent's? I would appreciate any help or advice in Solving these two questions .
>
> Regards
> Clinton Ehlert

Hello Clinton,
there were just two places in West Prussia (now Poland) with  names starting with "Zop": Zoppot, a seaside resort north
of Danzig, and the village Zopcow [alias Subkau, Polish: Subkowy] some 50 km south of it. Since the seaside resort is
certainly not in question,you should look for evidence of an origin from Zopcow. But not for sure. Could you send me a
scan or digiphoto of the record?

Günther