[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Tiefenbacher,

Gary Warner garyw555 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 07:36:40 PDT 2012

Eveline,

Further research will be necessary to confirm what I found is correct,
but there appears to be only one Caroline Tiefenbach in all of Volhynia.

Accordingly, per te V-K-P database, she appears to have married Johann
Knapp on 3 Feb 1887 in Rozyszcze.

She then had four children- Margaretha (1887), Elisabeth (1889), Peter
(1891), Johann (1894)- all born in Haradsche near Luck

Of the above children, Margaretha died in 1891 in Haradsche.   Note that
in the deaths of the Knapp family from Haracsche, that there is a
Catharine nee Knecht Knapp, 19 years old who dies in 1886, and Peter
Knapp, 40 years old, who dies in 1874- these Knapps are likely related
to Johann Knapp, possibly sister-in-law and father or uncle??   Lemberg
is a next place to look for Knapp ancestors.

I next did a search for Caroline's siblings and found that she has a
brother Ludwig (born in 1845), a sister Wilhelmine (born in 1847), and
another sister Christine Bertha (born in 1867)

I next looked at the deaths of any of the Tiefenbach family, and see
that a Michael Liefenbach (probably a bad extraction of the surname)
died 4 March 1885 in Marianowka- age not given, born at Wuertemberg.
This may or may not be the father of Caroline Tiefenbach.  there is also
a Margaretha Tiefenbach who dies 29 May 1888 at Horaschde who is born in
Zboiska, Galicien- I will leave it to you to discover who she is, but
the path again leads back to Galicia.   I looked briefly for Tiefenbach
family in Galicia (http://sggee.org/members/galicia/Males_T_to_Z.pdf)
and see that there are many Tiefenbach names there, and Zboiska (Sokal)
is a common place of residence)

Please do not take my following comments as an indication that we will
cease to do searches for anyone who gets stuck in their research, but I
really believe that we all need to learn to "fish", since you have a
better idea than we do how found data fits your other family data.    I
did nothing very difficult to find the information above.  The trick to
discovery of data, however, is to not enter in too much data when doing
a search.   I found the above data by entering in only the following
data for the bride, or mother (depending on which database I searched)-
"fenb" for the surname (this catches all Tiefenbach, Diefenbach,
Tefenbach, Defenbach, Tiefenbak, etc.), and "olin" as the given name
(this catches Caroline, Carolina, Karoline and Karolina).

I am attaching screen captures in the copy of this email that goes
direct to you Eveline, as attachments are not allowed to the mail list.

More assembling of data appears to be possible on this family, and I
leave that to you.   Happy hunting.

Gary Warner
SGGEE Databases Manager