[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Stakein refugee centre

Emilie Whitson this_is_emilie at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:33:55 PDT 2012

Hello  I am looking for information regarding the refugee centre I know as "Stakein". My Great-Grandmother Emma Zimmer (or Ziemer) was born there in in 1916. Her family fled Volodomyrets (Vladimirers) Volhynia sometime between 1913 and 1916. I have searched but I cannot find any record of such a place. For some reason family members seem to think this camp was located in E. Germany but I have nothing to substantiate it. Her entry documents to Canada state she was born in "Wotz" but I cannot find a record of this place either. Her parents (Emil Ziemer and Emilie Stuike) and 6  of her siblings were all born in Volhynia.  Thank you, Emilie Whitson