[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Stakein refugee centre, PS

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Thu Apr 26 11:49:33 PDT 2012

   Hello again Emilie,

       I looked for other post WWI refugee centres, I found a list in the
  book "Migration und Politik in der Weimarer Republik" by Jochen Oltmer.

     He lists 9 refugee camps (Heimkehrlager) in 1921:

    J"uterbog, Zeithain, Zittau, Lockstedt, Neisse, Heilsberg,
  Altengrabow, Zossen and Risloh.

    There were about 10,000 refugees in total in the camps, Zeithain
  (the one where my relations were) was the largest.

     None of those is a close match for Stakein - Zeithain might be
  the closest in sound.

               Paul Rakow
               rakow at ifh.de