[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Please recommend a good history book

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Fri Apr 27 06:15:55 PDT 2012

A bare bones history is avlb on line

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volhynia

plus there are a number of links to other bits of history of the area

like this about the immigration of Germans FROM Wolhynia in 1939-49

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_areas_annexed_by_Nazi_Germany

Any history text I have seen in English is, unfortunately, pretty short on details.

Helen

The wise man must remember that while he is a descendant of the past, he is a parent of the future.
--Herbert Spencer