[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] geography assistance: "Gruec"?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 8 13:38:18 PDT 2012

Craig,

Excellent advice from Michael.

You can use tools available here http://www.sggee.org/research/translation_aids.html to assist with your translation.  You can at least have some fun trying.

Until 1868 you should be able to read names in the document.  Copy the ones of interest and then take your time to do the translation.  After 1868, the records will be in Russian Cyrillic, somewhat more challenging but not unbeatable.  If you are lucky, the names will also be written in Roman script or there may be a Roman script index.

Jerry