[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] (no subject)

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Wed Feb 1 14:03:54 PST 2012

Hi Mhairi,

You are right.  Post-1900 BMD records for Volhynia are not available on-line any where.  Some records for Wladimir-Wolynsk parish are held by the AGAD archive in Warsaw.  For information about AGAD, see their website at http://www.agad.archiwa.gov.pl/  which has an English version.  You can request searches and scans by e-mail.  According to their listings, they  have only an index of births for 1903 (see below).  They will send you a scan of the page but only the name will be listed with no details about parents.  There are also some BMD records in the archive in Lutzk, Ukraine - there is some information about Ukraine archives on the SGGEE website.

Dick Stein

            Sygn.:  93
            Tytul:  Diec. wolynska, gmina Wlodzimierz Wolynski. Skorowidz
alfabetyczny urodzonych
            Daty:  1897-1915
            Opis:  ksiega oprawna; k. 362
            Dawna Sygn.:  308