[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gotfried, Rosalie and Martha Wilde and birthplace Janowka, Poland

Marvyl Ginter mandsginter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 12:39:22 PST 2012

Hi all,

I have just become a new member and will start with asking about my great
grandparents.  Gotfried Wilde states he was born 1858 in Janowka, Poland.  I
am confused where Janowka is?  From the maps on the sggee website there are
several Janowka towns.  I thought perhaps he was from the Kostopol county
as his immigration record states his brother-in-law Emil Kurs (closest
relative in old country) was from Janowka, Kostopol, Poland.  They also
obtained their passports in Kostopol.  Gotfried married Rosalie Witzke (or
Metke) àcan’t tell from a smudged record.  Rosalie was born abt 1870 in
Janowka, Poland as well.  They had one daughter I know of.  Martha Wilde
(my grandma).  She was born Sept 10, 1906 in W. Janowka, Poland (from her
immigration record).  Her Canadian naturalization records state she was
born in Tuczyn, Poland and also Janowka, Poland.  I am very confused about
these village/county names. Would someone be able to help me understand
whether they were parishes or villages or counties in Poland?

Thank you,
Marvyl Ginter