[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Janowka, Poland

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Mon Feb 6 09:13:24 PST 2012

Is this possibly the same Janowka that is described in the German book "Die Frauen von Janowka" by Helmut Exner a tribute to the endurance and fortitude of his female ancestors through deportation to Siberia, return and rebuilding their lives.  Apparently Miles Erdmann is somehow connected to Mr. Exner.  A good book - but it is in German.

Helen

The wise man must remember that while he is a descendant of the past, he is a parent of the future.
--Herbert Spencer