[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Govodniza confirmation record - old German

Spaghettitree at aol.com Spaghettitree at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 07:02:08 PST 2012

According to Hans Bahlow, Kraushaar means curly hair, Low Germa  (Kruse).
Krauskopf is curly head.

Maureen

In a message dated 2/22/2012 6:45:15 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
marmel at pctcnet.net writes:

Hi  Drew,

I've been studying old German handwriting now for 5 years.   Both Nowina
and Govodniza end in "a" (which looks like an 'er' to us -- the a  is not
closed at the top).

Adolf Schmidt, Sohn der Nikolaus Schmidt  geboren 11 September 1894 und der
Lutherina gb. [geboren] Kraushaar und  getauft im Govodniza, ist nach
empfangenem Unterricht im Worte Gottes am 25  Febuary 1919 in Luther(ische)
Kirche zu Nowina konfirmiert worden und nunmehr  zum heiligen Abendmahl
zugelassen.    Pastor W. Schlupp

--I'm  not sure about the words in red.  Kraushaar means frizz or frizzed
hair.  Was he born with frizzy hair?  Maybe someone with better  German
language skills can help with that.

Linda in  WI