[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] U of Alberta map collection: looking for info

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 27 15:59:36 PDT 2012

Edie,

As far as I know, these maps are not available on line.  I have been to the library and copied a lot of them but only for Volhynia and Russian Poland.  There are "holes" in the collection where one or two maps for a particular region are missing.  But they also cover a wider range of Russia than just Volhynia and Russian Poland.  Since I was not interested in other regions, I cannot tell you what they are.

They also have US military maps of the region.  Though they are at a more detailed scale, they are not necessarily better than the Russian, Polish, or German ones that they have.  For example, the 1:100,000 Polish map show my ancestral village of Mokro Niemieckie but the 1:50,000 scale US map (which should be more detailed) does not show it.

Jerry