[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Johann Friedrich Holke birthplace and parents - Pommern

barbara corazzol dearbornchild at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 21:06:01 PDT 2012

My great-great grandfather, Johann Friedrich Holke, wrote in his bible that he was born February 23, 1945 in or near (possibly Hutten) Neustettin. However, I have been unable to confirm that this is so. I am trying to verify his birthplace and date, and also to find his parents or any other siblings. He was evangelishe.

He was married to Caroline Tugendreich Bucholz in or near Neustettin.

Johann emigrated to the United States in 1893 and lived in Ann Arbor, Michigan with his wife and 5 children, Emma, Oscar (Chicago area), Ida, Paul and Max Holke (Winnipeg, Canada).

Other family names are: Schuelke (or Schulke), Bucholz, Giese, Mews, Dobberstein, Conradi (Bertha Holke Conradi, who stayed in Germany), Arndt and Radke

Does anyone know of a connection to Johann Friedrich Holke (or possibly Hoelke, or Hoelk or Holk)?