[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Johann Friedrich Holke birthplace and parents - Pommern

Paul Rakow paul.edward.luther.rakow at desy.de
Mon Sep 10 12:09:31 PDT 2012

   Hello Barbara,

        What have you already looked at to try verifying his birth-place?

        There are quite a few surviving duplicate church books from the
  Neustettin area. The duplicate church books were copies made from the church
  books, and sent to the courts. This was how the government kept track of
  births, marriages and deaths before civil records started.

        There are duplicate church books surviving for Huetten parish.
  That would be the first place to check.

        These duplicate church books are on line:
        Go to  familysearch.org
        Look down the page till you see a map of the world -
        click on "Continental Europe",
        then look down the next page till you see
        "Germany, Prussia, Pomerania church records"

    (I think telling you how to click through is safer than trying to
  send a mile-long URL, which might stop working when family search update
  their site.)

    Some parts of Huetten parish are in a different book, covering the villages
   Gellen, Zemmin and Wilhelmshorst.

      The Huetten church book duplicates go back further than most, covering
  most of the years 1794 to 1874 (when civil registration started).

      Do you have a birthdate or approximate birthdate for Caroline Tugendreich
  Bucholz? You might try looking for her in the Huetten book, or in the other
  books from the Neustettin area.

         Hope this helps,

           Paul Rakow