[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pries Family

Gary Gomes ggomes at soundviewnet.com
Tue Sep 18 13:03:13 PDT 2012

Hannes, Jerry, Al, Don, Jim and Rose,

I want to thank you very much for your thoughtful and insightful assistance
- you have definitely helped steer me in the right direction.

The information has raised two related questions:

1) Where more than one place name is indicated, am I right to assume that
"B" = born and "C or R place" means christened or registered?

2) Is there any evidence/knowledge of a migration of families moving back
west (from Luck/Torczyn area) to Lublin in the 1890s?  I am still trying to
grapple with my grandmother older siblings being born in Pawlow (1888 -
1895) and her saying she was Lublin (born 1901); they emigrated to Canada in
1909, joining up with Torczyn area families who had migrated directly to
Canada (Ebenezer via Winnipeg) around 1890.  Their appear to be other Pries
families in Lublin in that timeframe to support my grandmas recollection,
but I have nothing to tie them together.

I also want to point out that Jim led me to a Pries family that went from
Lublin to Cleveland, an additional data point for Jerry's question/thesis
about a Volhynian community in Cleveland.

Again, thank you all.

Gary