[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] re infant mortality

MacDerk at aol.com MacDerk at aol.com
Sat Sep 22 05:56:32 PDT 2012

Not only infants were susceptible to early deaths - it  apparently was rare
for people to die of old age!  With death in  childbirth, cholera, typhus,
tuberculosis and accidents, it was not an easy life  - whether in Europe or
Britain or North America.

Around the world... it is not  war in isolation...  there is a "shot heard
around" ... then the 'dominoes' fall and keep falling  long after the walls
have been breached ... the temples torched... and new  banners...evident...

_1918 flu pandemic - Wikipedia, the free  encyclopedia_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic_Cached_
(http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NWVFfFPOcv8J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandem
ic+world+war+1+the+resultant+flue+and+pestilence&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)
- _Similar_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1253&bih=654&q=related:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic+world+war+1+the+resultant+flue+and+pe
stilence&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=H7NdUIyvBpK70QHRj4FQ&ved=0CCQQHzAA)
You +1'd this  publicly. _Undo_ (http://www.google.com/#)
The flu  pandemic was implicated in the outbreak of encephalitis lethargica
in the 1920s.  ... World War I did not cause the flu,  but the close troop
quarters and massive .... 8,573 deaths were  attributed to the 1918 pandemic
influenza, resulting in a  ..... Encyclopedia of plague and pestilence:
from  ancient times to the present.

_Plague of Athens - Wikipedia, the free  encyclopedia_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_of_Athens)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_of_Athens_Cached_
(http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:O-C5cxRXcPAJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_of_Athens
+pestilence+in+ancient+athens+pericles&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)  -
_Similar_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1253&bih=654&q=related:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_of_Athens+pestilence+in+ancient+athens+pericles&tbo=1&sa=X
&ei=M7RdUI6WMKi00QHUtIHoDA&ved=0CCEQHzAA)
You +1'd this  publicly. _Undo_ (http://www.google.com/#)
After the death of  Pericles, Athens was led by a succession of  leaders
Thucydides ... 430 and 426 BC, have been found just outside  Athens' ancient
Kerameikos cemetery.  .... Rats, Lice and History: A Chronicle of Pestilence
and Plagues.

_Athens on Fire_
(http://novaonline.nvcc.edu/eli/evans/his101/Notes/AthensFire.html)

novaonline.nvcc.edu/eli/evans/his101/Notes/AthensFire.html_Cached_
(http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uK7yYgreP7kJ:novaonline.nvcc.ed
u/eli/evans/his101/Notes/AthensFire.html+persians+torch+acropolis&cd=3&hl=en
&ct=clnk&gl=us)
You +1'd this  publicly. _Undo_ (http://www.google.com/#)
But the  Persians occupied the hill opposite the  Acropolis and began a
siege. ... buildings, gymnasia,  houses, factories, schools and warehouses to
the  torch.

_Pericles - Wikipedia, the free  encyclopedia_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pericles)

In a message dated 9/21/2012 7:01:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,