[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Help with Translations

Keith Trott trottkg at telus.net
Mon Apr 1 11:24:00 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have some letters that were written by relatives but have not been able to
make sense of them.  The problems are multiple.  The writer(s) were fluent
in Russian and spoke/wrote German as a second language.  For example, one
letter has the word kartofel in it which is the Russian word for potatoe.
Another letter has the name Olga with the Russian lower case g in it.  Most
words seem to be spelled phonetically so und become unt, von becomes fon and
anfang becomes anfank.  I don't have any German vocabulary and am struggling
to resolve the meaning.  I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks