[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Question on 2 Russian / Polish Films

Jan Textor textor_jan at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 07:23:44 PDT 2013

Kenneth,

It was Chris Menke, and not I, who asked the question "Are there films that cover the regions Zgierz and Petrikau in Poland? (Lutheran)".  I just tried to reply.

Yes, Petrikau and Piotrkow Trybunalski are one and the same.

The distinction between Zgierz and Piotrkow is that they are two different towns.  Piotrkow is situated about 50 kilometers SSE of Zgierz.  Both towns are in Poland, not in Volhynia.

Urodzenia, Malzenstwa, and Zgony are not place names.  They are the Polish words for births, marriages, and deaths.

Hope this clears up the matter.

Jan Textor