[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Petrikau

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:36:29 PDT 2013

The Evangelical parish records for Piotrków Trybunalski are now showing
up in archival catalogs--we may hope to see them go online (unindexed, of
course)
in the coming years.

The Petrikau region opens up a can of worms.  It is the name of one of
the gubernias in Russian Poland.  The map you need to see is
at http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plik:Polska_1907_adm.png
The Piotrków gubernia is the yellow one.  In this area, I can
think of AT LEAST one dozen Evangelical parishes.  Off the
top of my head (I have used films  from these places), I can think
of Aleksandrów, Bełchatów, Brzeziny (no known records), Czarny Łas,
Dziepółc, Kleszczów (not filmed by LDS), Konstantynów, Łódź,
Pabianice, Pożdżenice, Rawa (no known records), Tomaszów (no filmed
records),
Zgierz, and reformed Zelów.  And someone could likely add a few
more to the list.

There are no superregional indices in Russian Poland.  Each parish
must be searched one by one.  Most, though not all, parishes are indexed
by year only.  And, as you can see, there are several serious holes in
the availability of records.

Without the name of an exact village, preferably located by Kreis name (in
the
German language stpete records), which would be 'powiat' in Polish, you
face an uphill battle searching for a birth record.

Remember, you cannot search for the birth record of "Johann Schmidt" around
1860
without having the names of his parents.  You MUST already have the names
of parents to conduct a birth search.

Al Muth